This is me.....

My photo
California, United States
I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a aunt, a friend, a godmother, and best of all....A child of God!!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nice Evening


The fair last night was a nice, a sweet gentle breeze blew as we watched Mark Chestnut, which also made my corn dog taste even better, the crowd was descent no rowdy people, until about 10:00 p.m. I noticed that all beer booths and wine booths where closed and that had some of the younger people a tad bit upset, but I could understand why the fair did it, I told Larry on the way out "Since they close up the beer booths early now, people will just start drinking more before they come, and that puts more drunk drivers on the road" Gosh, I wish I had Amanda with us, she would have rode a few rides with me, I LOVE the hammer & the zipper! but hate the Ferris wheel, and that goes way back as kid, some idiot I was riding with rocked the cr*p out of it and I could just picture myself sliding out the back and besides it only has wheel barrel wheels working it, or at least that's what they look like to me! I guess you could say I'm a Adrenalin junky!
My step father had a total knee put in last Tuesday, and is home and driving poor Momma crazy....they will have a home physical therapist come in 3 days a week to work with him, but he is doing really good, although I had to kind of jump his rear end about exercises, he decided he wasn't going to do them, he was going to "rest" and I told him if he didn't exercise that 1 day of doing nothing will put him 2 days back, "I know, I know" he said firmly to me, I raised my eye brows looked at Mom and said "He knows everything...let his knee freeze up, the Dr. will take him back to surgery, rip his knee open and redo it, and this time your insurance will not pay for it, and he'll HAVE to go to rehab for being noncomplying" I get so angry with him and his bullheadedness!
As most of you might have noticed, I love Mother Theresa words, I love to read about her and everything shes done, but most of all I love her love fo
r the Lord, so I will end today's post with some words she wrote......

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat... We must find each other..... Mother Teresa

3 comments:

Donetta said...

Hello! I am so glad you had a nice night out. Your step dad sound stuborn adn tired. It is so hard to work when your worn. I know though that it is a must with that. Tell him that my sister had one last year and kicked but on the exercise early on she is so loving her new knee. She did get on adhesion and had to go under for the doc to bed it hard to rip it free. I am facing on in a few years too. Hope to get off my butt and do something proactive to overcome the bad odds.

Amrita said...

Hope your step dad understands he has to exercise. My aunt is also like that. She doesn 't move much. Guess when you are in your 80s ( she is) you tend to get this way.

My mum has to be persuaded to do things otherwise she won 't move at all.

pchickki said...

Why are sick men so stubborn. Hope he listens to you or your Mom or it will be even worse.

Mother Teresa was a saint, I love her too.

We missed our fair this year. decided not to go . Glad you had fun and got to see Mark Chestnut.

HUgs
Patti

~The mind is like a parachute
it works best when it is opened~

~ REMINDER~

~ REMINDER~
October is breast awareness month!

P E A C E ! ! !

P E A C E ! ! !


Johnanthon

Our F A T Cat

Our F A T Cat
Amanda with Licorious

~ Joyce's Girl's~ Thanksgiving'08

~ Joyce's Girl's~ Thanksgiving'08
Amanda, me, my mom & my niece Terisa

Thank you Sweet Donetta

Thank you sweet Denise

Thank you Denise~

Thank you Denise~

Thank you Denise~

Lemonade Award

Lemonade Award
Thank you Patti

We All Are Warrior's!

We All Are Warrior's!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Thank you Stephanie

Friendship Award

Friendship Award
Thank you Joni

Love your blog award

Love your blog award
Thank you Kim

Loveable Blog award

Loveable Blog award
Thank you Sweet Deena

Brillante We Blog Award

Brillante We Blog Award
Thank you Joni

Our family

Our family
"Our Kelsey Dog"
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.