This is me.....

My photo
California, United States
I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a aunt, a friend, a godmother, and best of all....A child of God!!

Monday, October 27, 2008

" Think........................ P I N K!!"

To day is "PINK DAY" and I'm going to wear pink with pride, proud to still have my Mom here, she's a "C" word survivor, I will never forget that day as long as I live...what started out as a week end get away for her and my Dad turned into living hell for day's, week's, months, and year's and still haunts us, her and my Dad went to Tahoe and she was playing the slot machine's, and her arm and arm pit, and breast area starting to have a "burning feeling" as my Mom said, so she thought "Hmmm, I bet I bruised my arm by pulling to many handles on the machine's" she found my Dad and told him her arm was on fire and that she was going to go back to the room and ice it and just rest it for awhile, she got to the room got a wash cloth wrapped some ice in it and laid it in her arm pit, she said she could feel the heat through the cloth and she knew that wasn't normal for a bruise, my Dad came back and she said,"Gilbert, something is seriously wrong" so she called her doctor at home, I use to tease her about having direct phone line to his home, at one point I even thought she was having an affair with him!!! she was always going in and seeing him for what ever, she called him and he told her to come NOW, so down the mountain they came in the middle of the night, the next day she went in and had a needle test done on the fluid, you could see it through her skin the doctor put a rush on it, and it came back with what we didn't want to hear "Cancer" what had happen was the tumor was in a sack, and the sack had ruptured and leaked poison all through her gland's, in 2 days my mom was having her right breast removed and went through treatments, it has us hanging all the time. My mom now has a huge lump on the other breast back by rib cage and she refuses to have it checked with a needle biopsy, she doesn't want to know, sometimes the not knowing is better. I think about how we all where affected, and the pain, anger, and hate we felt when the surgeon came in and told us that my Mother had cancer. I hate it!!!!!! "C" reminds me of a monster, just lurking for it's next victim and when it strikes it's haunting for ever! But my God is a loving God and he's made her a SURVIVOR and that has strengthen her faith.
Here's a little something for Deena: I so admire you for sharing your storey with other's! I am so blessed to have met you through this blogging world, God has defiantly had a hand in this. You are BEAUTIFUL PINK WARRIOR and even though I haven't got meet you face to face I feel like I have, and I know one day we will meet, and I truly cant wait for that day! May God bless you forever and ever!! I love you Sweet Deena.

"GET YOUR "PINK'S" CHECKED YEARLY"


4 comments:

1,000 faerie wishes said...

Great post Annette! I just love you. I wish we lived close enough to have coffee or tea together and just talk.
I am so happy your Mom surrvived the "c" word.
Sending you lots of love, Nita

P.s thanks for the sweet comments you have left me..

kimberly said...

thanks so much for joining in yesterday my dear friend!!!!! we weren't back from the beach until last night....so am catching up in this blogging world.....and thank you for adding to the names i will wear walking the 3-Day.....i just love you too and your heart!...and have missed you so!
hugs and love
kimberly

kimberly said...

p.s.....just read the rest of your posts that i missed....made me sentimental....cuz my mama wore white shoulders exclusively....and when she passed away, i took all the bottles that were still on her dresser and i still have them....i smell them every once in a while to remind myself what she smelled like!
xoxoxoxo

Denise said...

Beautiful tribute to your Mom and such a wonderful reminder that we as women need to stay on our face in the pressense of God until we get a cure for this demon..... I have been talking to Deena for almost a year now and she is an inspiration to many........ I pray that the Father God hold her close and touch and heal her body.... what a living tribute she is to the faith that we all walk in...

~The mind is like a parachute
it works best when it is opened~

~ REMINDER~

~ REMINDER~
October is breast awareness month!

P E A C E ! ! !

P E A C E ! ! !


Johnanthon

Our F A T Cat

Our F A T Cat
Amanda with Licorious

~ Joyce's Girl's~ Thanksgiving'08

~ Joyce's Girl's~ Thanksgiving'08
Amanda, me, my mom & my niece Terisa

Thank you Sweet Donetta

Thank you sweet Denise

Thank you Denise~

Thank you Denise~

Thank you Denise~

Lemonade Award

Lemonade Award
Thank you Patti

We All Are Warrior's!

We All Are Warrior's!

Honest Scrap Award

Honest Scrap Award
Thank you Stephanie

Friendship Award

Friendship Award
Thank you Joni

Love your blog award

Love your blog award
Thank you Kim

Loveable Blog award

Loveable Blog award
Thank you Sweet Deena

Brillante We Blog Award

Brillante We Blog Award
Thank you Joni

Our family

Our family
"Our Kelsey Dog"
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.